Terms & Conditions
A. Conditions of cancellation and payment for booking done directly between the Hotels and the Guest or done on this Webpage
1. Usual cancellation/no show policy for individuals bookings
Unless differently mentionned and agreed at the time of booking, our cancellation and no-shows fees are as follow:
- Cancellation is free of charge if cancelled until 00:59 the day of arrival (Swiss time). If cancelled after 01:00 am on day of arrival, the first night will be charged.
- No-show : The first night will be charged in case of no-show and the reservation will be cancelled
- Early Check-in: Check-in time is 3:00 p.m.
Early arrivals (early check-in) are charged (if rooms available):
– before noon = CHF 60.-
– 12:01 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. = CHF 45.-
– 1:01 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. = CHF 30.-
– 2:01 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. = CHF 15.-
- and Late check-out : Check-out time is 12:00 p.m.
Late check-out is available until 3:00 p.m. at the latest.
The supplement is:
– 12:01 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. = CHF 30.-
– 1:01 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. = CHF 60.-
– 2:01 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. = CHF 90.-
– from 3:01 p.m. = Price of the normal next night with 5% discount.
Late check-out must be agreed with reception before 12 p.m. at the latest on the day of departure.
- early check-out (stay less night as what was booked): If you decide before noon to leave earlier as booked, after you have done the check-in, we reimburse the non used night minus an administration fee of 35%. This administration fee covers the price difference of the room (long stays receive lower rates than short stays. As you stay is shorter, the room rate would have been higher), loss of sales (finding a new customer of your room is not obvious) and the different cost as credit card commission and other commissions…
2. Payment/Cancellation/no show policy for group booking of rooms
- For group booking which is more than 10 rooms, we expect to receive the preliminary rooming-list 30 days prior the arrival.
- Free of charge cancellation for both paries (Client and Hotel) up to 5 rooms per week prior the arrival (5 rooms per 1 week prior the arrival, 10 rooms per 2 weeks prior the arrival …) All cancellation out of this time limit will be charged 100% for the whole stay.
- At least, 1 day prior the arrival (before noon local time of the hotel) = Possibility to cancel maximum 3 rooms without any extra fees. After this delay or for more than 3 rooms, any cancellation, no-show or modification of a booking will be charged 100 % for all the stay. Unless differently specified at the moment of the booking.
- Full payment is due before check-in. No check-in will be done if the full payment didn’t arrive on our bank account.
- Check-in starts at 1:00 pm if rooms are already available/ Check-out until noon
3. Bookings for seminars, conferences, gala dinners or expositions :
- Up to 10 weeks prior the event starts : free cancellation for both parties without penalties
- After that term, for each week, 10 % of the full amount of the confirmation is due (renting, material, food, beverage, rooms…). This means, possibility to cancel for free 90 % 9 weeks prior the arrival, 80 % 8 weeks prior the arrival and so on.
- 5 weeks before the event starts, we request a written confirmation on the expected number of guests. To maintain the reservation the client must pay 50% of the agreed amount of all services confirmed (rooms, meeting, material, technical, Food and Beverage…) If the amount is not paid on time, the Hotel may cancel the whole event without notice.
- Up to one week prior Arrival or latest at the arrival of the first guest, the client has to pay 90% of the confirmed services. If the amount is not paid on time, the Hotel may cancel the whole event without notice. No refund will be paid from the hotel.
- Up to 4 hours before the event : Cancellation of max. 5% of the confirmed number of participants. Every not announced modification will be charged.
c. Garantee Procedures
- Cancellation policies (see above) are valid for both parties (Hotel and Guest). If the guest wants to to ensure that his booking can’t be cancelled a full 100% payment for the whole duration of the stay is requiered on the Hotel’s bank account. This payment is not paid back in case of a cancellation or no-show.
- For individual bookings only, the guest may fully confirm his booking by paying the room in advance. The reception can send a payment link that permits a secure credit card payment.
- We only accept written cancellations which are made in time and in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- For some companies, Fassbind hotels can change these terms & conditions.
- These terms and conditions apply only for booking made directly between the hotel and By Fassbind.
All rates and condition are for information. The terms and conditions can change without notice. All information and prices in this Website are not constituing any offer or any legal committment from by Fassbind Hotels.
B. Theft in the Hotel area
The hotel is not responsible for theft done in the premises. This includes under other Public areas, Wardrobe, Meeting rooms, Hotel rooms, Luggage storage, Luggage, Parking, Restaurants, Bars, Fitness…)
The hotel cannot be held liable for any theft in a meeting room or a guest room even if the meeting room is locked with a key.
The hotel is only liable up to a maximum value of CHF 1000.- for items stolen in a locked safe, under the condition, that the safe has been opened with visible violence by a third person.
C. Rules during your stay in the Hotels
- The hotels have a strict non-smoking policy. This includes cigarettes, cigars, chicha, e-cigarettes, Evoq, Puff, vaping… and all similar devices. Especially in the room where smoking is also prohibited at the windows. A fee for smell cleaning of CHF 500.- will be charged to anybody seen smoking.
- The By Fassbind Hotels are places of silence and restfulness. Clients that do not follow the present General Condition and/or that are doing noise in their rooms shall immediately leave the hotel without any re-imbursment and without notice. Furthermore, the client will be charged for the intervention of the police or the security service. Those cost are CHF 1000.- per intervention.
- If a guest creates an error alarm by the firemen, a charge ranging between CHF 800.- and CHF 2000.-) will be asked according to the charges asked by the firemen for false alarm.
- The hotel cannot be made liable in case of a wake-up call failure.
- Visit in the Hotel rooms are not allowed to non-checked-in guest. Short visit of one single person is allowed for 30 minutes only between 8h00 and 21h00
- In the rooms and generally in the hotel it is fobidden to the guests to do business (selling products or services) with visitors. Prostitution is forbidden. Pictures taken in the hotels may not be used for promotion or commercial use of products or services.
- The Hotel lobby cannot be used for business/social meetings with persons not checked-in in the hotel, without prior permission of the reception.
- Consumption in the hotel lobby is compulsary for non-hotel guests. Consumptions are also compulsary for participants to meetings or seminair in our congress centers.
D. Special rule for the public parking of the hotel Alpha-Palmiers
- Each vehicle parked has to carry a valid identification plate number. If not, the vehicle will be towed away and the cost invoiced to the owner of the vehicle
E. Data protection
- We do not use informations from the cookies
- In principle, no personal data is left behind when visiting our Internet site. However, in certain specific cases like proceeding a booking, we need your name and address and credit card information.
- We undertake to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal data on our servers which are located in our hotels.
- We make contents or services from other Internet sites available on this site through links. These other sites are not governed by our data protection guidelines. We advise you to check each such site and ascertain how your data are protected in each case.
- We reserve the right to use any personal data made available to us by way of exchanging information or placing orders for marketing purposes. This includes the right to exchange any such information including email addresses, addresses, telephone numbers etc. within the By Fassbind group.
- We do not guarantee the confidentiality of e-mails and other electronic means of communication.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case of activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
- If you have any questions or comments about our disclaimer or about data protection, please contact Eric Fassbind at the Hôtel Alpha-Palmiers in Lausanne